New Look at Why to Buy Not Rent
With all the recent upheaval in the housing market that accompanies dropping prices, owners are feeling they never want to own again after the hassle. Others feel they would rather rent forever and not own a home.
Here are a few things to consider:
1) Building equity with your monthly payments is a no-brainer rather than just flushing your rent down the toilet, but worth it? Read on...
2) Building relationships with neighbors is easier when people stay at least 3-5 years instead of the revolving door aspect of rental areas. Also ownership neighborhoods have yards, walking trails, clubhouses, community pools, etc. where it is easier to meet and greet one another
3) Life is more predictable and safe when you know what you will be paying year after year for your monthly housing, whereas landlords will keep increasing rents or you move and there is uncertainty as to next years' costs for housing.
4) You can build your nest the way you want and personalize your home! Paint, wallpaper, drill holes outside, fix the landscaping--put you into your pad!
5) Homes are on the cheap right now and interest rates make it crazy easy to get more house and pay less each month with 4% interest rates instead of 6%!
BUY NOW... at least explore the option. Don't be saying later "I should have..."